Thursday, August 2, 2007

GoodBye Premature Diabetes!

A few months ago, I was diagnosed with Premature Diabetes (Ever since then I have never been so scared for my health). My doctor told me that if I didn't shape up (literally) then I would be placed on insulin injections within 5 months. WOW, how's that for a wake up call?! I am determined to make my disease retroactive and overcome this obstacle in my life. I am ready to live a healthier, happier life!

STATS: Premature Diabetic. Female, 22, 166lbs (as of yesterday), 5'6".

I am scared, nervous, excited, and everything in between, about going on this diet/detox. Today is Day 2 for me and honestly, I am tired, I have a headache, and I have to go to class in an hour...fun, I know! I'm not sure how this strict routine will fit in with my school schedule, but I am going to make it work. My boyfriend (former college football player, i.e. MEAT AND POTATOES MAN) thinks I'm absolutely CRAZY for going on this plan...that’s okay...I've read enough about it to believe in what I am doing and pray for good results.

I'm just going to come out and say it...THIS IS WHAT I DON"T LIKE ABOUT MY BODY...
I hate my arms and I hate my belly. I was in a wedding two weeks ago and I recently saw the pictures from the receptions...I didn't even recognize myself! My arms reminded me of the Michelin Man---THINGS HAVE GOT TO CHANGE...and they will!

SO, this is the morning of Day 2, I have just consumed my Berry Antioxidant nastiness, I've got my Herbal Tea (White Blueberry Blossom from Starbucks to me exact!) in a to go cup, and I'm off to walk a mile...or two...

No comments: